AWS Re:Invent twitter dashboard
Last updated: 2018-12-23 07:15:04 (US PST - GMT-8)
This dashboard keeps track of tweets with the #reinvent2018, #awsreinvent, #reinvent hashtags for the AWS Reinvent conference in Las Vegas. It automatically translates non-English tweets into English, performing Sentiment analysis and Entity Extraction on each tweet using AWS. Scroll down to see how it works. Follow @mikemacd for updates!
Tag cloud of key phrases (last 24hrs):
How it works
This twitter analysis is almost serverless (it uses 1 managed service), and this website is entirely serverless!
Here's how it works:
- Every 15 minutes a CloudWatch rule triggers a lambda function that looks at the twitter API to search for new tweets
- The timestamp of the last tweet is stored in DynamoDB to prevent the same tweets being processes multiple times
- Another lambda function is invoked for the new tweets which:
- Translates them to English if they're in a different language using AWS Translate
- Does Sentiment analysis and Entity Extraction using AWS Comprehend
- Posts them to an AWS managed ElasticSearch instance
- The kibana dashboard is saved as a set of images every 5mins (outside of AWS)
- The images are uploaded to S3 and served by CloudFront on this serverless website
Click for full size image...