We have extensive experience with Lean and Agile approaches such as Scrum, Kanba and Extreme Programming.
We’ve trained and coached 100s of teams on their agile journey. Rather than ideologically following a particular body of knowledge we work to help individual teams be the best they can be. We focus on principles, not learning processes.
We have authored a number of agile scaling practices ensuring success with teams-of-teams adopting agile practices. We take our own spin on the classic Agile Manifesto where we consider:
- Valuing individuals and interactions, encouraging collaboration, reducing layers of communication over processes, tools and hierarchy
- Valuing working software in the form of quality releases from short development cycles over comprehensive documentation, business analysis, enterprise architecture documentation
- Valuing customer, business, developer and operations (see DevOps) collaboration over contract negotiation
- Valuing good governance, transparency and honesty in progress, plans, costs and impediments over regular reporting
- Valuing responding to change over following a plan at all levels of the business
We provided significant material on agile-at-scale processes, patterns and architectural approaches to the (now closed) Holistic Software website, which in turn was included in the well known Boiling Frogs paper.